mI’s Career Activism program gives you a truly competitive career planning and recruitment advantage. In one-on-one personal coaching sessions, we help you develop marketing tools with a strong personal brand. We guide you in confidently targeting the exact companies and roles you aspire to. We enhance your interview skills, your negotiating power, and your ability to “make a business case”.
These will help you secure the exact role you want, on the team that you want. Getting your career plan into shape is a simple 3 step process…
Session 1: Building Your Plan & Your Brand
- Developing and planning short, mid and long-term goals to identify the path you wish to take whether it’s career progression, or career transition.
- Marketing tool reviews: Targeted resume writing, online profiles, job applications, cover letters & thank you notes, bios, pitch statements and personal brands. We help you optimize your positioning and packaging.
- Identify and address skills shortages and experience gaps.
- Clarifying your message through clear “pitch statements”.
- Build a solid job search strategic plan.
Session 2: How To Access The Hidden Job Market
- 10 ways to plan an effective job search online and on the ground.
- How to determine if you have the skills to get shortlisted.
- How to develop job leads through your professional and personal networks.
- Leverage MI’s spectacular media company database for leads and introductions to top media companies and contact info for decision makers.
- How to develop make a business case for your candidacy that resonates strongly with hiring managers.
- When and how to call, email, and follow up.
Session 3: Master Class – Interview & Hire Negotiations
- 4 ways to master a screening call.
- Interview Prep: understand business etiquette and important protocols, prepare for a wide range of interview styles, and understand what the interviewer is seeking.
- How to determine fair market value for salaries.
- How to negotiate your compensation package.
How to build a successful entry strategy for the new company and how to position your exit strategy for the company you’re moving on from.
À LA CARTE RECRUITING Our goal at mI is to improve the talent acquisition, development and retention factors for small to medium sized media businesses. Our model is designed to free our clients from complex candidate sourcing, liaison and administration. We give you the flexibility to choose only those services that you need. We shortlist talent with 85%+ match to your required skills. And we do it fast – so you don’t lose top talent to other companies.
- Recruitment & Executive Search
- Custom Job Descriptions & Position Profiles
- Pre-Qualifying Talent
- Applicant Tracking, Screening, Shortlisting
- Compensation & Contract Negotiation
- Reference & Background Checks
- Labour Market Trends & Analysis
And we’ve got the bandwidth! mI sources top-standard, brand-building, media-savvy talent with the inclination and capacity for growth! Our talent pool spans entry, mid-management, senior and executive management levels. Our talent pool has 20K+ media professionals with expertise in: programming & production, content development, interactive, mobile & social media, policy & research, business development & sales, business affairs & financial management, creative services & creative management, IT/ICT, publishing, marketing & communications.
mI provides customized career coaching for individuals and groups. Our career planning and recruitment programs set your former employees up for success, helps them beat the competition, and shortens the time spent on job search. We provide valuable one-on-one ongoing support through the full transition process: identifying goals, upgrading self-marketing tools, and we offer solid strategies for accessing the hidden job market, and getting in front of the right people at the right times, for the right reasons.