When you’re pro-actively planning and managing your career goals, you are no longer at the mercy of your industry, or the job market! Think about that for a minute!
How cool would it be, if you could actually manage your career, rather than have it manage you? No more uncertainty, no more instability, no more throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks! A real plan.
mI helps you identify career goals that support your professional and personal values and aspirations. This career planning exercise will help you figure out the career path you want to pursue.
Challenge yourself to make a list of 12 goals you’d like to realize. Each statement should reflect your dream job or dream wishes… things you’d really like to do at this particular stage of your professional life. Add in some personal goals. Professional development goals. Balance goals. Health goals. If money were no object, what would you really like to do?
- I would like to own a small production house, creating X content for X audience.
- I would like to be a consultant in policy for municipal government.
- I want to produce a YouTube series showcasing…(insert favourite subject!)
- I would like to coach young professionals and help them build successful careers.
- I want to build my knowledge of/take a course in X.
Then, send your list to us, and we’ll show you how to prioritize each of your goals into short, mid and long-term themes, identify any professional development you need to get there, and help you build a schedule and timeline for each of your short, mid, and longer-term goals.
The sooner you can identify your career goals, the faster we can help you realize them!